Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Years Resolutions

Normally, I don't make New Years Resolutions. But, this year I guess I have a couple that are interrelated. I've been so busy with work over the past year (or more) that I've had very little time for "personal things". I've grown increasingly disorganized and not gotten things done that aren't related to producing income. Case in point, my CD collection. I used to have them all alphabetically arranged, categorized and even in a database. My collection outgrew the stands I had for it (one held 550, the other 250). I don't even know how many CDs I have now. I recently bought a stand that holds 1,600. They're almost all in the stand now. Hopefully, over the coming months, I can get them into my Delicious Library. I also want to get the pictures organized (I haven't printed a photo since buying our first digital camera 4 years ago). I finally have them all in albums up on Shutterfly. The other project I need to work on is moving my journal entries over from the PC based software they were on into Mac Journal. The dilemma I face is time I spend moving them over is time not spent creating new entries.

Here's the CD stand...

3 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

I love the CD stand -- and you're a man after my own heart with the categorizing and cataloging! I do that with my books, too -- my wife thinks I'm crazy!!

- Matt

Unknown said...

Brain, instead of printing photos, order a photo album. You can do it via iPhot or flickr or any of those online accounts. The photos can be put into a printed album instead of having prints and THEN having to put them in albums.

Brian said...

Duh! Great idea, Julie. I think I will check into ordering albums. Don't know why I hadn't thought of that.