Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting a life...


Lonely at the movie theater
Originally uploaded by xpe1.
Now this is what I meant when I talked about getting a life. Today, we took the kids to a noon screening of "Happy Feet". When we pulled into the parking lot, I thought I must have gotten the time wrong. There were about two cars in the entire lot. We walked into the theater (IMAX- about a 30 foot high screen) and had the whole place to ourselves. One other woman with two children did show up later. But, we were the only ones in the whole place. Man, I wish I had a system like that at home!

I like the flexibility of being able to take a couple of hours in the afternoon, pull the kids out of school and go have the place to ourselves. We'll have to do that more often.

The movie was awesome. Literally, at one point in the movie, Shayna screamed out "Awesome!" The animation is just out of this world, really blurring the line between live action and animation. The music was a really great mix of everything from Queen to Stevie Wonder. We'll have to buy the DVD when it comes out.

No comments: