Tuesday, January 16, 2007

California Dreamin'

I hate cold. I hate snow. And, most of all, I hate gray skies. So far this winter, we’ve had very little of all three. The day time highs have been 10-20 degrees above normal for most of the winter. We’ve had a couple of dustings of snow. But, not much, at all. No shoveling. No worrying about ice on the front steps, it’s been great.

Today, it’s spitting snow and we have those typical Ohio skies. This is the time of year I’d like to have that second home someplace warm and sunny.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I certainly get this one! We're skiing tomorrow though so I'm glad for the colder temps and the bit of snow that encourages us to believe that the mountain will not be utterly bare! :)

NoVA Dad said...

I'm jealous in a way -- we haven't had any snow yet here in Northern Virginia, and I'm definitely ready for some.

- Matt

Sandie said...

No snow in KY yet either and I miss it! Rain, rain and more rain, yuck. I like the view from your window.