Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's Saturday, must be Upward Basketball

Before we get to the basketball portion of the day, I have to write about what happened earlier. I was pulling out of the garage and literally ripped the front bumper off of my car. It was a good lesson for me on a few things. It was really a one-in-a-million freak thing. We have (had) a pile of stuff near the garage entrance. The pile kept growing consisting of everything from hand weights that hadn't been used since we moved in, to old toys, to three (yes three) snow shovels and, the culprit, the bicycle rack. As I was pulling out, the bicycle rack somehow wedged itself behind my front bumper and on the rails of the garage door, at the same time. It was enough force to rip the bumper right off of the car.

Normally something that like would really freak me out. But, I'm glad to be able to say I really took it in stride. I'll have to take the car in tomorrow to get the bumper replaced (which I know is going to cost at least $500). But, hey, that's life. These things happen. I think the meditation is starting to pay off.

Back to Shayna, she played great today. I'm still messing around with the settings on the camera and not really happy with what I'm getting. When I used the flash, the background of the photos is dark. When I don't use the flash, for action shots, I get blurring. I did use the "Indoor" setting today. Seemed to help some I think. This shot is interesting. Just about everything is either blurred from being in motion or out of focus. That is everything except Shayna's face.

IMG_0740.JPG

No comments: