Thursday, August 16, 2007

She Who Is Part Deux

Well, part three for Julie and Deb. Part Deux for Ty, Gregg and me.

We continued our discussion of the feminine image of G-d. This is one of the things I really like about Nexus, it's about discussion rather than just a download of a bunch of things we have to believe. Actually, I find most sermons quite boring (except for Gregg's -of course). After 40 years of hearing canned speeches, I feel like I've pretty much heard them all. At Nexus, I feel like I can actually voice my opinion and hear honest opinions from other people rather. That never gets old. I think Karl called our process "collective exploration", which I've tweaked to "collaborative exploration". In other small groups I've led in the past, I could tell when I asked a question people were searching their brains, trying to find the "right" answer. At Nexus, I don't get that feeling. We're exploring together, learning from each other and are open to listening even to the "wrong" answers.

Ty & Gregg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ck! It's so weird to see my house on your blog! :) Glad you're enjoying the discussion. I like your thoughts on collaborative exploration. It's very much like that and it's what makes the meetings enjoyable for me too.